Tutor for Lionm for Mac Publisher's description
Includes over 4 hours of video! Over 120 five star ratings worldwide! Free update coming in December with more videos!
- Includes over 4 hours of video! Over 120 five star ratings worldwide! Free update coming in December with more videos!
- "A great tutorial! ANYONE вЂ¦ who installs Lion should have this tutorial."
- "A fantastic learning tool, easy to follow; very clear and concise instructions."
-"This has to be the easiest way to learn Lion and I would highly recommend it."
-"Easy to listen to. I thought the tutorial was great."
- "Noteboom puts out the best tutorials. Dan has the gift of teaching so clearly."
If you are new to Macintosh or to Lion, this tutorial is for you! Learn how to control your computer with Tutor for Lion with over 4 hours of videos. Apple has introduced over 250 new features in Lion and we go over the major ones including Mission Control, Launchpad, Airdrop, Mail's new features, how to troubleshoot your Mac by booting into the Recovery HD, as well as general Mac concepts including sharing your music with iTunes, using iPhoto, using the Dashboard, adding parental controls, burning disks, and more! We also cover the major changes you will see if you are coming from a Windows computer or from Snow Leopard. See how easy it is to use your Macintosh with Tutor for Lion!
Concepts covered include:
- OS X terminology.
- Major differences between PC and Mac.
- Major differences between Snow Leopard and Lion.
- Add and delete items from the window sidebar.
- Add and delete applications, files, and folders from the dock.
- Saving your documents where you what them saved, not where the computer wants them saved.
- See all the different ways to move your files and folders.
- Getting the most out of Mission Control and Spaces.
- Search your computer with Spotlight.
- Upload your photos using iPhoto.
- How the Mail application can be your friend.
- Burn disk with Burn Folders.
- Where downloads are saved.
- The four different ways to install applications.
- How to delete applications.
- Add a 'Tape' to the Calculator so you can see history.
- Share your media with other iTune users on your network.
- Find information fast by using the Dashboard.
- Adding and deleting printers and what printer options you have.
- Setting your computer up with multiple users.
- Adding parental controls to different accounts on your computer.
- What different security options you have.
- The best way to back up your computer.
- What non-Apple applications are a must have.
- Take control of your computer!
- Mac OS X Terminology and Interface
- Coming from Windows to Lion
- Coming from Snow Leopard to Lion
- Working with the Dock
- Deleting Files and the Trash
- System Preferences
- Finder and the Finder Window
- OS X Folder Structure
- Using Gestures
- Applications and the Launchpad
- Mission Control and Spaces
- Full Screen Applications
- Saving Files, Versions, and Resume
- Sharing Files with Airdrop
- Burning and Erasing CD's and DVD's
- Opening Recent Items
- Searching with Spotlight
- Using the Address Book
- Managing Events in iCal
- Working with Photos
- Using the Mail Application
- Surfing with Safari
- Downloading Files
- Using the Calculator
- Using the Dashboard
- Installing Applications
- Applications and the App Store
- Uninstalling Applications
- Emptying the Trash
- Multiple Users
- Parental Controls
- Security and Privacy
- Screen Sharing
- Backing Up Your Computer
- Must Have Apps
Get the most out of your Macintosh and Lion with this Video Tutorial!
What's New in This Release:- Added video on burning disks and creating Burn Folders
- Added video on organizing and sharing your media with iTunes
- Added video on the Calculator and creating Tapes with the calculator
- Added video on the Dashboard
- Updated code to be fully compatible with Lion including Resume
- App will now work in Snow Leopard
- Fixed the No Video issue some users were experiencing
System Requirements:Mac OS X 10.6 or later
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall