stsci_python For Mac Publisher's description
stsci_python is a library of Python routines and C extension...
stsci_python is a library of Python routines and C extensions that has been developed to provide a general astronomical data analysis infrastructure. It includes the following:
* PyRAF, an environment for running IRAF tasks without using the IRAF CL
* MultiDrizzle, a task for combining dithered STScI images
* PyFITS, used to read FITS images and tables into numpy or numarray objects and to manipulate FITS headers
* pysynphot is a synthetic photometry package (still in development) designed to replace STSDAS.SYNPHOT. It is suitable for library or interactive use.
* Numdisplay, used to visualize numpy array objects using image display tools like ds9 and ximtool
System Requirements:В· Python
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall