PyLucene For Mac Publisher's description
from Andi Vajda
PyLucene is a Python extension for accessing Java Lucene.
PyLucene is a Python extension for accessing Java Lucene. Its goal is to allow you to use Lucene's text indexing and searching capabilities from Python. It is API compatible with the latest version of Java Lucene, version 3.0.3 as of December 16th, 2010.
PyLucene is not a Lucene port but a Python wrapper around Java Lucene. PyLucene embeds a Java VM with Lucene into a Python process. The PyLucene Python extension, a Python module called lucene, is machine-generated by JCC.
PyLucene is built with JCC, a C++ code generator that makes it possible to call into Java classes from Python via Java's Native Invocation Interface (JNI). Sources for JCC are included with the PyLucene sources.
What's New in This Release:- using Lucene 3.1 sources
- improved support for building on Windows with mingw32
- added wininst target to Makefile
- added port of ICUNormalizer2Filter using C++ ICU's Normalizer2 via PyICU 1.1
- added port of ICUFoldingFilter using C++ ICU's Normalizer2 via PyICU 1.1
- added port of ICUTransformFilter using C++ ICU's Transliterator via PyICU 1.1
- fixed "Lucene in Action" samples left over on old API
- improved support for adding optional contrib modules
- added --package java.util.regex to wrap constructors on PatternAnalyzer
- fixed mansearch.py sample to reflect API changes
- PyLucene built with JCC 2.8
System Requirements:PyLucene is supported on Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris and Windows.
PyLucene requires Python version 2.x (x >= 3.5) and Java version 1.x (x >= 4). Building PyLucene requires GNU Make, a recent version of Ant capable of building Java Lucene and a C++ compiler. Use of setuptools is recommended.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall