libgdx For Mac Publisher's description
from Mario Zechner
Libgdx is a Java framework that provides a cross-platform API for game and real-time application development.
Libgdx is a Java framework that provides a cross-platform API for game and real-time application development. It offers the following features:
* Cross-platform development for Windows, Linux, OSX and Android.(32- and 64-bit where available)
* Multiple backends based on Jogl, LWJGL, Angle (NVIDIA 3D Vision) and the Android APIs.
* Write and test your application on the desktop, deploy seamlessly to Android, Applets, Webstart or plain desktop applications.
* Rendering through OpenGL ES 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 on all platforms.
* Support for OpenGL ES 2.0 for Android 2.0 and above throughcustom JNI bindings.
o Vertex arrays
o Vertex buffer objects
o Texture atlases
o Easy to use and flexible mesh class for both the fixed and programmable pipeline
o Frame buffer objects
o Immediate mode renderer class (for debugging ala glBegin()/glEnd())
o Automatic handling of OpenGL context loss (texture and VBO recreation)
* High-level 2D:
o Batched and cached sprite rendering
o Bitmap fonts
o Particle systems
o TMX tile map rendering
o Custom C 2D graphics library for CPU based bitmap manipulation
o Full-fledged 2D scene graph with tweening framework
* High-level 3D (under construction):
o OBJ, MD2 and Ogre XML model loaders
o Key-frame and skeletal animation
o Orthographic and perspective camera
* Streaming music and sound effect playback from WAV, MP3 and OGG
* Fast Fourier transforms via a JNI bridge to KissFFT
* Audio decoding of OGG and MP3 via JNI bridges to Tremor and libmpg123 (libmpg123 currently defunct due to licensing issues)
* Direct interface to audio device for sample playback and recording.
* Abstraction layer unifying Android assets, classpath resources and the plain file-system.
* Preferences for easy storage of small data
* Polling and event-based access to touch-screen/mouse and keyboard.
* Polling access to compass and accelerometer
* Vibrator support (yeah...)
* Remote input event processing allowing you to hook up your Android phone to your desktop application
* Full JNI wrapper of box2d.
* The wrapper is so awesome that all other Android game frameworks/engines use it as well!
* Vector and Matrix classes for 2D and 3D linear algebra
* Frustum with culling support
* Bounding shapes
* Intersection and overlap testing
* Catmull-Rom splines
* Ear cutting triangulator for arbitrary planar polygons
* Custom Collections
Tools & Extensions
* Particle editor
* Hiero bitmap font generator
* Texture packer
* Themable Widget Library support
* Awesomium JNI bridge (Windows 32-bit only)
* Specifically tailored towards the needs of the Dalvik VM following the best practices guidelines.
* No temporary object allocation during runtime (except for a few documented places)
* Native code for performance critical sections
* Workarounds for show-stopping Dalvik/Harmony bugs
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall