Libarchive For Mac Publisher's description
C library and command-line tools for reading and writing tar, cpio, zip, ISO, and other archive formats
The source distribution includes the libarchive library, the bsdtar and bsdcpio command-line programs, full test suite, and documentation:
* Stable release: libarchive-2.8.4.tar.gz libarchive-2.8.4.zip
The libarchive library features:
* Support for a variety of archive and compression formats.
* Robust automatic format detection, including archive/compression combinations such as tar.gz.
* Zero-copy internal architecture for high performance.
* Streaming architecture eliminates all limits on size of archive, limits on entry sizes depend on particular formats.
* Carefully factored code to minimize bloat when programs are statically linked.
* Growing test suite to verify correctness of new ports.
* Works on most POSIX-like systems (including FreeBSD, Linux, Solaris, etc.)
* Supports Windows, including Cygwin, MinGW, and Visual Studio.
The bsdtar and bscpio command-line utilities are feature- and performance-competitive with other tar and cpio implementations:
* Reads a variety of formats, including tar, pax, cpio, zip, xar, lha, ar, cab, mtree, and ISO images.
* Writes tar, pax, cpio, zip, xar, ar, ISO, mtree, and shar archives.
* Full automatic format detection when reading archives, including compressed archives.
* Unique format conversion feature.
System Requirements:В· Apple Xcode
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall