jvectClipboard For Mac Publisher's description
from Serge Rosmorduc
This is the home page for the Java Library JVectCutAndPaste.
This is the home page for the Java Library JVectCutAndPaste. This library provides :
* writing support for a number of Vector formats (WMF, EMF, MacPict, EPS), which can be used with Graphics2D.
* a simple class for copying vector images on the clipboard. Those images can be pasted in most word processors.
The java cut and paste library probably suffers from the "good enough for me" syndrom. That is, I did not try to support all graphic features (in particular as far as colour transparency and filling are concerned), but only those I needed. If you want more, feel free to contribute code. So limitations are:
* no transparency nor gradient fill. Just plain colour fill, which is reasonable for diagrams (or in my case for hieroglyphs).
* actual rendering depends on the target graphic format. EMF produces better results than MAC PICT or WMF, for instance (it can handle complex shapes with holes in them). As a rule, I prefer loosing some features than getting a bitmap (the solution chosen by java for printing).
* no support for bitmap pictures yet. This is probably not too difficult to add, and would be a good candidate for an external contribution.
Getting the source : you can download the latest version of the library with the command
svn co https://jvect-clipboard.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/jvect-clipboard/trunk/jvect-clipboard jvect-clipboard
You can get the library and the sources from http://sourceforge.net/projects/jvect-clipboard/
Note that there are other libraries for vector graphics. If you need more complete capabilities, you might have a look at freeHep. When I started the JSesh project, it didn't provide all functionnalities I needed, hence the creation of this library. Now, I haven't tried it yet, but the current version of FreeHep also provides clipboard capabilities (but it probably only works on Windows).
System Requirements:В· Java
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall