GnuTLS For Mac Publisher's description
GnuTLS is a project that aims to develop a library which provides a secure layer...
GnuTLS is a project that aims to develop a library which provides a secure layer, over a reliable transport layer. Currently the GnuTLS library implements the proposed standards by the IETF's TLS working group.
Quoting from the TLS protocol specification:
"The TLS protocol provides communications privacy over the Internet. The protocol allows client/server applications to communicate in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping, tampering, or message forgery."
The core library licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1 (LGPLv2.1+). The LGPL license is compatible with a wide range of free licenses, and even permit you to use GnuTLS in non-free proprietary programs.
* Support for TLS 1.2, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.0 and SSL 3.0 protocols
o Since SSL 2.0 is insecure it is not supported.
* Support for TLS extensions: server name indication, max record size, etc.
* Support for authentication using the SRP protocol.
* Support for authentication using both X.509 certificates and OpenPGP keys.
* Support for TLS Pre-Shared-Keys (PSK) extension.
* Support for Inner Application (TLS/IA) extension.
* Support for X.509 and OpenPGP certificate handling.
* Support for X.509 Proxy Certificates (RFC 3820).
* Supports all the strong encryption algorithms, including Camellia (RFC 4132).
* Supports safe renegotiation (RFC 5746).
* Supports compression.
* Runs on most Unix platforms and Windows.
* GPL compatible license.
What's New in This Release:В· gnutls-serv: Corrected a buffer overflow. Reported and patch by Tomas Mraz.
В· libgnutls: Use ASN1_NULL when writing parameters for RSA signatures. This makes us comply with RFC3279. Reported by Michael Rommel.
В· libgnutls: Reverted default behavior for verification and introduced GNUTLS_VERIFY_DO_NOT_ALLOW_X509_V1_CA_CRT. Thus by default V1 trusted CAs are allowed, unless the new flag is specified.
В· minitasn1: Updated to Libtasn1 2.9.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall