Decimal Floating Point For Mac Publisher's description
from Bill Rossi
Dfp is a radix 10000 floating point math library. It features compile-time...
Dfp is a radix 10000 floating point math library. It features compile-time defineable precision, usual arithmetic functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide, etc.), and a set of mathematical functions including: natural logarithm and exponential, trigonometic functions and their inverses.
Dfp also has IEEE-854 defined abilities such as user-specified rounding modes, user-defineable trap handlers, and status flaqs.
# Design Goals
The following design goals were used to guide development of dfp.
* Accurate representation of decimal numbers.
* Accurate, well defined results
* Ability to work with high precision. Ability to set precision at compile time.
* Ease of use
# Major Design Decisions
* Radix of 10000 was chosen because it offer exact representation of decimal numbers and better performance than a smaller radix would.
* Dfp is written in Java, this makes it somewhat portable to start. To enhance portabilty more, it uses a minimal subset of the language and core library APIs. This will ensure portabity across Java implementations, and to other programming languages.
* Dfp complies with IEEE-854 with a few minor exceptions. If strict compliance is desired, the subclass rossi.dfp.dfpdec fixes most of these these minor inconsitancies at the cost of some performance.
# Comparison with double and Big Decimal
* Dfp mantains all the features of double along with other IEEE specified features. Like BigDecimal, it can accurately represent decimal numbers.
* Feature comparison:
System Requirements:В· Java
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall