cmislib For Mac Publisher's description
from Jeff Potts
Provides a CMIS client library for Python that can be used to work...
Provides a CMIS client library for Python that can be used to work with CMIS-compliant repositories such as Alfresco, IBM FileNet, Nuxeo and others. CMIS is a proposed specification with backing by major ECM players including those mentioned as well as Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP.
CMIS providers must expose both Web Services and Restful AtomPub bindings. cmislib uses the Restful AtomPub binding to communicate with the CMIS repository. All you have to tell cmislib is the repository's service URL and your credentials. There is nothing to install on the server side.
This is still very much a work in progress. If you want to help out, let me know.
I'm using Sphinx to for documentation. I've checked the generated docs into this project's SVN, so if you want to take a look at the doc without downloading anything, you can.
The high-level To-Do list is in the about page within the docs. Code-level To-Do's are scattered throughout the source. Basically, right now you can:
* Create folders and documents (with or without content)
* Retrieve and update properties on folders and documents
* Checkout, checkin, cancel checkout
* Delete folders and documents
* Run CMIS queries, including those that return paged results
* Get the list of object type definitions or specific type defs by type ID
* Get property definitions for a type def
* Get the permission definitions and permission mapping for a repository
* Get the ACL of an object
The library has been tested against each of these repositories with varying success:
* Alfresco 3.2r2 Community (CMIS 1.0cd04)
* Alfresco hosted CMIS (CMIS 1.0cd06)
* IBM FileNet P8 (CMIS 1.0cd06)
* Apache Chemistry server (minimal)
* !OpenCMIS (minimal)
* OpenText (minimal)
See KnownIssues for a list of known issues and unit test problems by repository.
Although I'm currently testing against Alfresco, IBM, and Nuxeo the intent is for this to eventually work with any CMIS-compliant provider. It will get easier as the spec nears ratification and vendors stabilize their implementation. Right now support varies widely across vendors.
The client library has been tested on Mac OS X (Python 2.6.3, Macports) and Windows (Python 2.6.4).
System Requirements:В· Python 2.6.3 or later
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall