Basilisk For Mac Publisher's description
Basilisk is a multimedia class library for Java.
Basilisk is a multimedia class library for Java. Basilisk was used in many past Java games produced by zerosoft for third party software houses and distributore. With the approach of Tiger and the great effort of Sun for the development of Java Games, zerosoft has decided to release Basilisk as a public open source project and as a licensable direct support product.
* Painless management of accelerated graphics for Java.
* Fullscreen Exclusive mode support
* Support for sprites.
* Support for timed animations. Define the frames, their timing and you're done.
* An HighRes timer for smooth 2D native applications.
* An easy audio subsystem.
* Support for other audio formats by the new SPI inteface (for some formats you may need external libraries).
* Customizable filters (make your own 3D spatial audio managers, as well doppler or echo filters).
* A complete Tile Engine support (editing is supported via Tile Studio, a native editor is in design phase), with per-tile bound definitions and per-tile event codes.
* A complete 3D API useful to bridge Java to OpenGL and other 3D rendering native APIs or just to make 3D calculations and simulations.
* Discrete lookup table based trig (with 4096 increments in 2*PI).
* Loaders for images: load an image in RAM or in Video Memory (using hardware acceleration) transparently.
* 100% lightweight Java technology: for fast performances and no platform dependancies.
* An intelligent entity system based on interfaces, for example: everything that can be moved during time implements an Updatable interface to make logic-update loops really easy and fast to code.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall