AVSL For Mac Publisher's description
from Brian M. Clapper
AVSL is a very simple logger, written in Scala. AVSL implements the Simple Logging Facade for Java (SLF4J) API, allowing applications to be written to the SLF4J API.
AVSL is a very simple logger, written in Scala. AVSL implements the Simple Logging Facade for Java (SLF4J) API, allowing applications to be written to the SLF4J API. (This, of course, includes Java applications.) Because it implements SLF4J, AVSL can easily be swapped for another SLF4J-compatible logging framework (or the other way around), without any changes to the calling application. Also, because it supports SLF4J, AVSL can be used in conjunction with Scala SLF4J wrappers, such as Grizzled-SLF4J.
вЂњAVSLвЂќ stands for вЂњA Very Simple LoggerвЂќ, and AVSL strives for simplicity in several ways.
* AVSL is simple to configure, using a non-XML, INI-style configuration file thatвЂ™s reminiscent of the Python logging moduleвЂ™s configuration. This simpler configuration file is easier to read and edit than the XML configuration files used by logging frameworks such as Logback. (Since I dislike XML configuration files, this is big win for me.)
* AVSL is a lightweight logging framework. It is intended to be used primarily in standalone programs, not enterprise applications. It may work fine for your enterprise application, of course; but, if it doesnвЂ™t, you can easily switch to something else.
* The default message formatter uses a simpler, more compact syntax than JavaвЂ™s SimpleDateFormat, relying on strftime-like escapes.
* You can specify the configuration file via an environment variable (AVSL_CONFIG) or a Java system property. If neither is present, AVSL looks for resource avsl.conf somewhere in the classpath.
* The built-in logging handlers are thread-safe.
* AVSL does not monitor and reload its configuration file.
* AVSL does not implement the SLF4J marker or MDC capabilities.
* AVSL does not wrap other logging frameworks.
* AVSL does not let programmers define their own log levels.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall