Sports Fan Widget For Mac Publisher's description
from Andreas Amann
Keep an eye on your favorite sports teams - all the information you need in one single and small widget.
Keep an eye on your favorite sports teams - all the information you need in one single and small widget. Show the current scoreboard, full results from previous days, the upcoming schedule (game times are displayed in your local time), or current standings. The widget supports Baseball (MLB and minor leagues down to Class A), Basketball (NBA, WNBA, and Men's NCAA College), Football (NFL and NCAA College), and Hockey (NHL). You can open multiple instances of the widget to track different sports or teams - each instance of the widget will remember your selections.
- After specifying the sport, select a league (if multiple leagues are supported) and your favorite team to have games and current place in standings highlighted. The widget will also show your favorite team's logo in the background of the widget. Clicking the team logo on the back of the widget will open the team's home page in your browser.
- Click "Done" to switch to the front of the widget.
- Per default, the widget will now display the current day's (or week's) scoreboard, giving you a quick overview of all games. Games show the current (or final) score or game start time (for your local time zone). Winning teams' names are highlighted on the scoreboard to more easily identify them.
- Use the arrows next to the date at the top to go back or forward in history - clicking either the date or the 'Scoreboard' text will reload the current scoreboard (when displaying the football scoreboard, clicking the week title on top will open a popup menu to allow you to directly jump to any week's scoreboard/schedule).
- Pointing the mouse over any ongoing or finished game in the scoreboard will display a little popup with the current (or final) game standings (you can select to not show those popups on the back of the widget) - the game shown in the popup will be highlighted in the scoreboard. (When displaying the baseball scoreboard, pointing the mouse over a future game will display the starting pitchers scheduled for that game.)
Note that the popup might not appear immediately as the widget has to download the latest information first. The popup will automatically close after a few seconds, when you move the mouse over it, or when you click anywhere on the background of the widget.
- Where available, teams with current ball possession will be shown in italics, ball possession in the red zone (football) and power play (hockey) will be highlighted in red.
- Click on any game (ongoing or finished) to open the game's gamecenter website.
- Click on 'Standings' on the top right to select a which standings (or polls for NCAA sports) to display. Mouse over any team's statistics to display additional numbers (the popup will close after ten seconds or once you move over it - you can select to not show those popups on the back of the widget). Click any line in the standings table to open the team's home page.
- When available, teams having clinched a division or already eliminated from a race are highlighted in the standings.
- Switch back to the scoreboard by clicking on 'Scoreboard' on the top left.
- The current day's scoreboard will automatically refresh (refresh interval depends on current game activity).
- While the mouse is over the widget, a little icon corresponding to the currently selected sport will appear in the widget's lower left corner. Clicking this icon will show a little popup (see screenshot on the right) allowing for quickly changing the current sport without having to go to the back of the widget. When changing sports this way, the widget will display the league last selected for the sport.
What's New in This Release:# Correct parsing of future scoreboard for NBA.
# Fix failure to load NHL scoreboard during the All-Star Game.
# Improve parsing of dates for date selector for NFL and NHL scoreboards.
System Requirements:Mac OS X 10.4.3 or later.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall