MailMate For Mac Publisher's description
from Freron Software
MailMate is an ambitious new email client for Mac OS X.
MailMate is an ambitious new email client for Mac OS X. It is currently in a beta state which means that it has not been thoroughly tested by users and it lacks a few features which can reasonably be expected from a modern email client. We are working on the last part and we hope you would like to help us with the first part. Beta-versions of MailMate are free to use, but if you would like to be an early supporter, it is also possible to buy a license. Early supporters are rewarded with a discounted price and lifetime licenses вЂ” think of it as user-provided venture capital. You can download MailMate now, but please take time to read the following.
* All message headers and text bodies are indexed and are available for making advanced searches
* Multiple ways to easily use displayed names, subjects, dates and more to quickly search for related messages
* Easily extend a set of messages with messages from the same thread/discussion
* Any search can be stored as a smart mailbox
* Search for specific body parts (images, pdf-files, embedded messages, etc.)
* Command-line program for alternative access to the database of messages (emate)
* Easily move messages to any other mailbox using only a few keystrokes
* Mute messages in order to automatically handle later incoming related messages (they are marked as read and moved to the same location as their muted parents)
* Dynamically created sub-mailboxes which can, e.g., be used to automatically display all mailing list messages in separate smart mailboxes
* Server-side mailbox subscriptions supported
* Client-side mailbox subscriptions supported
* File-based commands for automatically moving or changing the flags of messages (experimental)
* Easily switch between mailboxes using only a few keystrokes
* Standard universal mailboxes (Inbox, Archive, Drafts, Sent Messages, Junk and Deleted Messages)
* Special mailbox containing all messages
* Special mailbox containing all message body parts (MIME)
* Navigation history similar to web browsers
* Multiple dock and/or menu bar counters
* Possible use of scripts for altering displayed body text (experimental)
Finally, note that the main window of MailMate has a set of alternative layouts . The following two screenshots show two of these layouts.
What's New in This Release:From address derivation for email aliases:
В· Derivation of the From address for replies has been changed. Until now it has been based on a heuristic using the X-Original-To header and other similar headers, but examples from users have shown that this approach does not work well in general. As a replacement for the heuristic, an optional account setting named вЂњAddress PatternвЂќ has been introduced. It is disabled by default. The value for this option must be a regular expression which describes the format of any aliases for the account. Read more about this in the account settings chapter in the Help Book (a help button has also been added to the account settings window).
Change focus using key bindings:
Introduced makeFirstResponder: for key bindings. This can be used to bind a key to directly activate a view. The identifiers for the views can be found in the layout files, but here are the most likely use cases:
В· "o" = ( "makeFirstResponder:", "mainOutline" );
В· "m" = ( "makeFirstRespond...
System Requirements:* Intel
* Mac OS X 10.5 or later
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall