commander For Mac Publisher's description
from Pescados Software
commander could be understand as a plugin for your mail client
commander could be understand as a plugin for your mail client, which will read some special messages containing orders and will return a result to the sender in another email. I find it useful, eg, when I'm on hollidays and suddenly I need some info from my desk. I look for a computer, send an email to commander, and get back that document I need or an address in my address book, or info about something I keep in a database. I also use it as Info Center, where users in a network or company can request info or execute actions simply sending emails to a mail address (eg, create PDF given a document or add an entry to a TODO list).
- "commander" is a compiled applescript.
- You can use "commander" only from a rule/filter in your email client.
- "commander" supports Mail and Entourage.
- "commander" will read the subject of incoming messages, looking for "commander?...".
- If it finds the correct syntax, it will execute a "module" with the proper "parameters".
- If the module is executed correctly, it will send back the sender of the message the requested info.
- "commander" is extensible. You can add more modules and create your own.
- "commander" acts as an information center. It receives orders by mail and returns results immediatelly.
What's New in This Release:- Various improvements.
- Add-on of "commander Manager".
- Now only for Mail and Entourage (removed MailSmith and PowerMail support).
- Updated docs.
- Most probably, the last release of this damn thing.
System Requirements:commander requires OS-X and a compatible mail client (Mail, Entourage).
commander's modules may require additional software. See its help and/or documentation.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall