pgAdmin3 For Mac Publisher's description
pgAdmin is the most popular and feature rich Open Source administration and development platform for PostgreSQL, the most advanced Open Source database in the world.
pgAdmin is the most popular and feature rich Open Source administration and development platform for PostgreSQL, the most advanced Open Source database in the world. The application may be used on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, Mac OSX and Windows platforms to manage PostgreSQL 7.3 and above running on any platform, as well as commercial and derived versions of PostgreSQL such as Postgres Plus Advanced Server and Greenplum database.
pgAdmin is designed to answer the needs of all users, from writing simple SQL queries to developing complex databases. The graphical interface supports all PostgreSQL features and makes administration easy. The application also includes a syntax highlighting SQL editor, a server-side code editor, an SQL/batch/shell job scheduling agent, support for the Slony-I replication engine and much more. Server connection may be made using TCP/IP or Unix Domain Sockets (on *nix platforms), and may be SSL encrypted for security. No additional drivers are required to communicate with the database server.
pgAdmin is developed by a community of PostgreSQL experts around the world and is available in more than a dozen languages. It is Free Software released under the PostgreSQL License.
pgAdmin has a huge array of features and by far the best way to see them all is to download a copy and give it a try. Here's a brief list to give you an idea of it's capabilities:
* Microsoft Windows в„ў 2000 and above
* Mac OSX
Designed for multiple PostgreSQL versions and derivatives
* PostgreSQL 7.3 and above
* Postgres Plus Advanced Server
* Greenplum Database
* pgAdmin Documentation
* Guru Hints to help less experienced users
* PostgreSQL documentation (on-line and off-line)
* Slony-I documentation
* Over 12 supported translations. A detailed list of supported languages is available on the translation status page.
* Native PostgreSQL acccess (no ODBC layer needed)
* Powerful query tool with colour syntax highlighting
* Very fast datagrid for display/entry of data
* Configuration file editing
* Auto-vacuum management (PostgreSQL 8.1 and above)
* Logfile browser
* Lock viewer
* Server status/process viewer
* SQL/shell/batch job scheduling agent
Access to all PostgreSQL objects
Objects are displayed with their SQL definition, and a user friendly list of properties. Dependent, and dependency objects may also be browsed, and object statistics viewed where appropriate.
* FTS configurations
* FTS dictionaries
* FTS parsers
* FTS templates
* Greenplum objects (such as external tables, ressource queues)
* Operator classes
* Operator families
* pgAgent objects (such as jobs, schedules)
* PostgreSQL servers
* Postgres Plus Advanced Server objects (such as packages, procedures, synonyms)
* Server-side languages (such as pl/pgsql, pl/perl, pl/python, etc.)
* Slony-I objects (such as nodes, clusters etc.)
* Trigger functions
pgAdmin supports most PostgreSQL server-side encodings:
* EUC_JP, EUC_CN, EUC_KR, EUC_TW
* LATIN1, LATIN2, LATIN3, LATIN4, LATIN5, LATIN6, LATIN7, LATIN8, LATIN9, LATIN10
* ISO_8859_5, ISO_8859_6, ISO_8859_7, ISO_8859_8
What's New in This Release:pgAdmin 1.12.2 has been released, offering 12 bug fixes over the previous version. Please visit the download area to get your copy, or alternatively download a PostgreSQL 9.0.2 Installer which includes pgAdmin.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall