iData Lite For Mac Publisher's description
from iData Partners
iData Lite is a lighter version of iData 3 for the Mac.
iData Lite is a lighter version of iData 3 for the Mac. It was designed to be a more economical choice for people who are primarily interested in using iData Mobile on an iPhone.
While iData Mobile allows you to create and edit datafiles, it is easier to enter large amounts of data on a Macintosh. iData Lite lets you perform your heavy data entry chores using the Mac's large keyboard with Cut, Copy, Paste, and an extensive set of import and data manipulation functions.
Finally, iData Lite provides synchronization functions that let you move datafiles created on the Mac to the iPhone, and then to keep them in sync after changes are made on either platform. Synchronization can be performed over a local WiFi network, using a wireless router such as AirPort, or remotely using Apple's MobileMe iDisk.
iData Lite recognizes Web links and email addresses in standard formats and makes them clickable. It also lets you specify the way you enter telephone numbers, so that it can recognize and dial either by modem or by playing touch tones through the Mac's speakers.
Like iData Mobile, but unlike iData 3, iData Lite uses only plain text in the Freeform Text Area (the Notes field in iData Mobile). This helps reduce the size of datafiles, which is important given the relatively small amount of memory available to applications on the iPhone.
Another area where iData Lite differs from iData 3 is that it does not provide any functions for designing and printing labels and envelopes, since this feature has no equivalent in iData Mobile.
What's New in This Release:Version 1.0.10: Changes:
* When changes have been made to a read-only datafile, command-S will bring up a Save As... dialog.
* Added Grab Web Address support for Camino 2.x. (Note that Firefox 3 no longer supports AppleScript commands for getting the current Web address, so Grab Web Address does not work with Firefox 3.)
* Added Go Back One Viewed Record and Go Forward One Viewed Record items (with hot keys) to the View menu.
* Fixed device identification problems that could occur when trying to sync with multiple WiFi devices running.
* Fixed problem that could arise when trying to sync with multiple WiFidevices.
* Fixed failure to recognize a US Robotics USB modem.
* Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when closing a datafile that was set to open read-only, but to which changes had been made.
* Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when importing the iData 2 Datafiles folder.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall