Obba For Mac Publisher's description
Obba provides a bridge between spreadsheets and Java classes.
Obba provides a bridge between spreadsheets and Java classes. With Obba, you can use spreadsheets as GUIs (Graphical User Interfaces) for your Java libraries. Its main features are:
* Loading of arbitrary jar or class files at runtime through a spreadsheet function.
* Instantiation of Java objects, storing the object reference under a given object label.
* Invocation of methods on objects referenced by their object handle, storing the handle to the result under a given object label.
* Asynchronous method invocation and tools for synchronization, turning your spreadsheet into a multi-threaded calculation tool.
* Allows arbitrary number of arguments for constructors or methods (avoids the limitation of the number of arguments for Excel worksheet functions).
* Serialization and de-serialization (save Serializable objects to a file, restore them any time later).
* All this though spreadsheet functions, without any additional line of code (no VBA needed, no additional Java code needed).
For a tutorial see Obba tutorial. In this tutorial you create a Java class and a corresponding spreadsheet to fetch stock quotes from finance.yahoo.com.
For a more detailed introduction see Obba documentation.
What's New in This Release:В· The Excel functions obLoadObjects / obSaveObjects were renamed to obLoad / obSave respectively (to create compatibility with the OO implementation).
System Requirements:В· OpenOffice 3.0
В· Java 1.5 or later
В· 30 days trial period.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall