Trade Strategist for Mac Publisher's description
Trade Strategist allows you to take control of the stock market, by designing and testing trading strategies.
Trade Strategist allows you to take control of the stock market, by designing and testing trading strategies. With more than 90 built-in functions and indicators that can be combined together in an almost infinite variety of ways, Trade Strategist helps you to distinguish the science from the superstition when it comes to the stock market.
Harness Technical Analysis
Trade Strategist belongs to a field of finance called Technical Analysis, in which trading decisions are based on measurable quantities, rather than the emotions or psychology of the trader. A 'technical' trader makes use of charts and indicators that derive from price and other data to decide when to buy or sell stock.
Whether you are a seasoned veteran of Technical Analysis, or have never heard the term before, Trade Strategist has something to offer. For the experienced trader, it is a powerful yet easy to use tool. For the beginner, it is a great way to learn Technical Analysis, and improve your skills. Because you can develop and test trading strategies before you use them, it can end up saving you a lot of money вЂ” you learn what does and doesn't work without getting your feet wet. It is a bit like paper trading at high speed!
Create Your Own Indicators
With more than 90 built-in functions and indicators, Trade Strategist provides a rich tapesty with which to work. But you are not restricted to just these basic functions, because you can combine them in almost any way you can think of. And if you are a power user, with some Cocoa programming experience, you can use the Software Development Kit (SDK) to write plugins that incorporate your own indicators into Trade Strategist.
Create and Test Trading Strategies
The center piece of Trade Strategist is trading strategy development. This involves combining the built-in indicators into rules that determine when stock should be bought and sold. You can then test a strategy on historical price data to see how well it performs (known as 'backtesting'): Trade Strategist downloads price data for the stock and range of dates that you choose, and then moves from day-to-day, checking if any signals are generated by the strategy. When a signal is generated, Trade Strategist makes a virtual trade, and keeps track of how much you would have made or lost had you really been using the strategy. At the end of the simulation, you are presented with detailed results of trading activity, including a day-by-day break down of the data in tabular and chart form.
Generate Signals for Real Trading
If you come up with some good strategies, you can use them to help guide your daily trading activities. Trade Strategist can take a strategy, and check what signals are generated for a given stock, based on the latest data available on the internet. You can generate signals for multiple stocks and strategies at a time, and use the results to decide what trades you will make the next day.
* New! Universal Binary: Works great on both Intel and PowerPC computers running Mac OS X.
* Charting: Chart any indicator or custom function using historical stock data.
* Strategy Building: Combine indicators and functions into a mechanical trading strategy. Strategies generate signals to buy and sell stock.
* Backtesting: Test any strategy by performing simulated trading on historical data. See how much you would have profited or lost.
* Export: Export or copy data for any function or indicator to other applications, including spreadsheets.
* Trading Signals: Generate signals with your best strategies to guide your daily trading activities.
* Free Data, No Fees: Makes use of freely available data from the web. You don't have to subscribe to a data service or pay monthly fees.
* Extensible: Cocoa programmers can use the Software Development Kit (SDK) to add their own data sources and indicators.
What's New in This Release:# Enhancements
* Combined the Standard and Pro versions into a single, "Pro" version.
* Changed registration process to use the Snowmint eSellerate store.
# Bug Fixes
System Requirements:* Requires Mac OS X v10.4 or later.
* 5 MB hard drive space
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall