Curio For Mac Publisher's description
from Zengobi, Inc.
Curio is the digital notebook for freeform information gathering, brainstorming, and creative exploration.
YouвЂ™re going to love what weвЂ™ve added to Curio 7: Project sections and Organizer folders; left map, right map, and org chart mind map arrangements; project, idea space, and figure galleries with dozens of bundled styles, templates, & stencils; advanced tags with image and hotkey support; time support for start & due dates; hour & minute durations; automatic work week and work time rollups; collapsible index cards; customizable shadows with pinched and bulged shadow effects; independent text shadows; advanced 4-point axial and radial figure and idea space gradients; new Evernote features; network support for template, stencil, style, and Scrapbook repositories; and tons and tons of other enhancements and performance improvements.
Templates and Stencils
Curio Pro includes support for idea space templates and figure stencils so you can create, re-use, and share frequently used items. Idea space templates can contain style information and boilerplate figures already placed on the page. Stencil figures are perfect for brainstorming mind map exercises, geographic maps, UI design elements, furniture pieces, landscaping items, or .... you name it!
Your Curio project notebooks may contain dozens or even hundreds of tasks and events. Curio Pro's color-coded graphs show you at-a-glance what needs to be started and what's due. Click on an action item listed below the graphs and you'll swoop to that figure even if it's in another project. And, instead of grouping by date, you can also group by a custom tag set, including the bundled GTDВ® tag set for serious Getting Things DoneВ® power users.
Share your ideas in team brainstorming sessions using Curio Pro's presentation mode capabilities. With one click, your idea spaces are shown in full screen glory. Your idea spaces can be scaled to fit within the screen, or they can remain full size and scroll bars will automatically appear helping you navigate around the page. While the slideshow is running, you can click to highlight items or double-click to launch embedded videos or documents.
Curio Pro's dossier helps you deп¬Ѓne the goals and constraints of your projects and keeps that information at your fingertips while you work. Curio comes with a number of fully customizable dossier templates to get you started including Creative Brief, Product Plan, Research Project, Video Production, Grant Proposal, Screenplay, Science Experiment, and more.
Protect your project notes, lists, mind maps, tables, sketches, and other contents (except embedded assets) from prying eyes with Curio ProвЂ™s built-in AES-128 encryption.
Pro Sleuth Sites
With Curio Pro, Sleuth is pre-bundled with professional search sites such as photo archives and font foundries, so you're immediately ready to get to work. Simply enter a search term once into Sleuth, then select any of the pre-configured search sites to instantly see images or other items related to your search topic.
What's New in This Release:New Features
* After 7 years we finally have a new icon and it's a beauty! Thanks cuberto!
* Curio has a new feedback system for registered customers via the Curio > Provide Feedback menu item. Try it out!
* Added more window zoom levels.
* Added a handy Clear All Tags to the Inspector Bar's Tags popup.
* Now showing more info in the main window when a folder is selected.
* Re-added support for the "Share file asset when duplicated" checkbox in the Asset Figure inspector. If checked, duplicates of the figure will refer to the same underlying file asset, otherwise each duplicate will get a private copy of the file.
* We're now generating a better default title for idea space links when created.
* If an Evernote attachment is named "screenshot" and it is dragged into Curio then we'll rename it to the same title as the Evernote note itself.
* You can now press Spacebar when a table cell asset figure or index card body figure is selected to view a Quick Look preview of that item.
* The Choose button is now the default button in the various Gallery windows so you can just hit Return on your keyboard to choose the currently selected item.
* Updated Curio's Microsoft Office instant document templates: Word is now a docx file, Excel is now a xlsx file. Also added PowerPoint pptx file as a new instant document template.
* Presentation mode selection color (as defined in the Preferences) now follows the specified opacity setting (as long as < 1.0) so you can make a very transparent or even invisible selection color. Handy if you want to create screencast recordings while in Presentation mode.
* The Curio menu now includes links to our Zengobi Blog, Twitter page, and Facebook page so you have lots of opportunities to stay in touch with us. :-)
* Fixed a Mindjet MindManager MMAP export issue. All unique ID's had to be Base64 encoded.
* Fixed some printing issues where some figure were printing on the margins of subsequent pages (when not scaling to fit to a single page).
* Changed the CSV import encoding default to Mac OS Roman which apparently is more compatible with various CSV files. It should nicely handle CSV files with accented characters and complex files with lots of interesting characters which apparently chokes the previous UTF8 encoding default.
* Fixed a bug where replacing an image in a table cell with another item didn't remove the original image from your Library, even if its reference count was zero.
* Fixed problem with fading brush/pen colors when dragging selections around.
* Fixed a subtle bug where the Stencils shelf could crash when dragging drill-down items out of the shelf.
* Fixed the Stencil's shelf so choosing Edit Stencil brings you to the correct stencil.
* Fixed crash when adding a new stencil while the Edit Stencil project window was still open.
* Fixes added to Status and Search to prevent potential crashes due to timers firing after project closing.
* Fixed a subtle mind map branch colors bug where colors may not get applied correctly.
* Fixed support for South Korean dates and date adornments.
* Fixed situations where images may appear blurry.
* Fixed the Delete item on the Organizer's context menu.
* The project template gallery will no longer load any projects that start with a dot which may exist on certain types of network drives (see Apple Double Format).
* The print toolbar button is now available if an Organizer folder is selected.
* The next/previous and forward/back toolbar buttons are now available if an Organizer folder is currently selected.
* Now handling private non-network network paths that contain a tilde for those hijacking the Network path for additional personal repository locations.
* Got rid of the Powered By Curio tag out of the HTML export.
System Requirements:PPC / Intel, Mac OS X 10.5 or later
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall