SmallDVD For Mac Publisher's description
from Small Software
SmallShrink is a Mac OS X application
SmallShrink is a Mac OS X application which extracts the main movie from a DVD, and reauthors it to fit onto a 4.7Gb single layer DVD-R.
It is inspired by (but currently is nowhere near as functional as) the legendary DVD Shrink application for Windows, with a little help from the various Linux DVD9->DVD5 guides around the internet.
The current release provides a simple interface to a number of open source command line tools which do the extract, shrinking and reauthoring. v0.3 is now much better at handling heavily-protected DVDs
This release is still very much experimental, and I welcome feedback вЂ“ what DVDs does it work on, what doesnвЂ™t work? What would make it more useful? If it doesnвЂ™t work for you yet, then donвЂ™t abandon it completely вЂ“ check back for future versions which I hope will be more functional, reliable & attractive.
What's New in This Release:* Allows choice of tools to use for DVD extracting, demuxing and remuxing.
* Allows greater control over whether the DVD will be requantized (shrunk).
* Allows DVD titles to be extracted to individual files instead of a DVD image
* Separation of the basic and advanced controls in the user interface
* Allows temporary files to be kept or discarded
* Writes output to a log file in the specified output directory
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: