VinylStudio For Mac Publisher's description
VinylStudio is software purpose-built to digitize records and tapes.
VinylStudio is software purpose-built to digitize records and tapes. It can:
* record your LPs and tapes
* split them into tracks
* look up track listings and album art over the Internet
* remove clicks, hiss, hum and more
* save your tracks in a wide variety of file formats
* burn both audio and MP3 CDs and DVDs
* available for PC and Macintosh
* makes the job a pleasure rather than a chore
* An all-in-one solution for digitizing your record or tape collection
* Automated click and scratch removal
* Filter out tape hiss, hum and rumble
* Look up track listings and album art over the Internet - no typing!
* Burn both audio and MP3 CDs
* Save tracks as MP3 (or AAC) and copies them to your player
* Integrates with iTunes on the Mac
* Multi-level undo/redo
* Uses less than half the disk space of most competing programs
What's New in This Release:VinylStudio was failing to report clipping when recording with some hardware. This is now fixed.
* You can now load and save 'noise samples' for use with the hiss filter. When used, this avoids the need to define a noise sample for each recorded album side.
* You can now view a frequency analysis of the noise sample used by the hiss filter.
* The limit on the maximum number of tracks (previously 399) has been removed.
* You can now use the catalog number to look up albums on Discogs. To do this, precede it with a #.
* You can now display the sample rates and bit depths supported by your sound card.
* VinylStudio now starts and stops monitoring automatically when you return to / leave the Record window.
* Fixed a problem where AIFF files saved by VinylStudio would not play from an iTunes shared library.
* Fixed a few assorted bugs. For details, see the readme file after installing.
System Requirements:Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall