Quad Frohmage For Mac Publisher's description
from Ohm Force Software
Wouldn't it be cool to have one decent filter and be able to use it in ALL situations?
Wouldn't it be cool to have one decent filter and be able to use it in ALL situations? Smell the Quad Frohmage and you'll find the answer. It's said that when a master sculptor stands in front of a new block of marble, he doesn't see a lump of stone. Instead he takes his chisel and releases the shape that is trapped within. In light of this, Quad Frohmage is really the mother of all sonic chisels, and the average sine wave is a vast palette of tones and colors just waiting to break free. Its core features are:
* Stereo, mono and dual mono processing.
* 30 filter modes for each separate filter. Low and Hi pass: two designs, one being auto resonant, the other more transparent. Each filter design comes with various slopes (12, 24, 36dB).
* Advanced LFO module with 10 LFO types, Sample Hold and smoothness control.
* Each filter band contains additional tap delay and distortion.
* Helpful Copy and Paste feature to duplicate modulation parameters.
* Configurable bands routing.
* Modulation can even be driven by a MIDI keyboard with either velocity or tone. In this last case, you have the possibility to adjust the frequency of the filter to the corresponding note.
Quad Frohmage is used by Trent Reznor (from Nine Inch Nails) and by electronic acts Andy Moor and Myagi, being actually suitable for any music style. If you take a look at this Computer Music magazine's review, you'll probably agree with that. Some great additional features you'll find in your Quad Frohmage:
* BP, peak, notch, Comb filters, Ring mod, Moog filter emulation.
* Advanced XADSR module with an extra sustain time parameter and an incredibly handy Sensitivity setting.
* 6 envelope followers that can follow the input, the output, one of the bands or the MIDI pitch signal.
* Advanced Envelope Follower module with Attack, Hold and Release settings.
* Apply the modulators to any parameter you want - even the three at the same time, using a factor from -1 to +1.
* 6 event generators (to trigger the ADSRs).
* Nice and intuitive parameter display to see modulation in real time.
With four channels and eight types of filter at your disposal, you won't need to be a Michelangelo to start drawing fantastic textures out of even the most mundane of sources. Rearrange channels into any combination, should you wish to knock the rough edges of one with a filter on another, or use the link switch to bind the cutoff knobs into an adjustable ratio, for unified effects across the frequency range. And, of course, for polishing up your new creations, each channel is equipped with distortion, pan, delay and volume controls.
The Quad Frohmage also marks an event horizon in the evolution of the renowned Ohm Force modulation system, featuring not only the standard LFO array, but also an envelope follower and an ADSR, to which, naturally, all of the above may be assigned. These new additions can be triggered not just with audio, but also by midi velocity and pitch, enabling you to play the automation with a keyboard as if it was an instrument. In fact, the range of modulation options is so mind bogglingly large, it probably isn't healthy to even try and think about them all. Better just get on with the serious business of making the world of audio a better and richer place, and give Rodin a run for his money while you're at it.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall