Lexicon PSP 42 For Mac Publisher's description
Lexicon PSP 42 is a high-quality digital stereo delay and phrase sampler plug-in
Lexicon PSP 42 is a high-quality digital stereo delay and phrase sampler plug-in (VST and RTAS for Windows; VST and RTAS for Mac OS classic and AudioUnit, VST, RTAS for Mac OSX Universal Binary) based on the legendary Lexicon PCM 42 processor famous for its distinctive sound and unique concept. Lexicon PSP 42 has been carefully designed to accurately reproduce the flexibility and warmth of this renowned classic. This has been accomplished by incorporating precise tape saturation algorithm and a delay line operating with variable sampling rate which simulates physical properties of vintage tape machine delays. The plug-in has been designed with consideration to preserve maximum signal quality at every processing stage.
The Lexicon PSP 42 is capable of generating wide variety of delay-based effects ranging from tempo-locked feedback delay with high frequency absorption and tape saturation to flanging and phasing effects. A flexible modulation section for continuous delay time and pitch control allows the user to add subtle animation or swing to the processed signal as well as to create unpredictable, alien sounds when pushed to its limits. The freely adjustable delay line sampling frequency makes Lexicon PSP 42 a good tool for creating low-fi effects that sound smooth thanks to the superior characteristics of employed interpolation algorithm. Close attention has been paid to make the unit operate without audible clicks or pops.
* High quality signal processing algorithms,
* Up to 9600 ms of delay time depending on internal sampling frequency,
* Continuous control of delay time,
* Tight synchronization to the host tempo and its changes,
* Tape saturation simulation based on the algorithm used in the line of our mastering processors,
* Low pass filter for high frequency absorption modeling,
* Modulation section with three different modulation signal sources (sinus, square, envelope detector) mixed in any proportions,
* Phrase sampler capability,
* Parameter filtration and on-the-fly cross-fades for smooth and click-free operation,
* Support for sampling rates of up to 192kHz,
* MIDI and VST automation,
* Logic Control support.
* Library of presets
What's New in This Release:В· AudioUnit supports MAC 64bit (x86_64) natively.
В· GUI is Cocoa-based (no more Carbon). Audio application capable of hosting AudioUnits with Cocoa view is needed to run AU. Minimum system requirement for AU is OSX 10.5.
В· Plug-in has been built with new version of graphic library and benefits from event-driven architecture.
В· New version of presetbar is used. It allows for setting default bank and preset by double-clicking on 'bank' or 'preset' at the bottom bar.
В· Plug-in uses chunks to save its state in session file. Entire bank is restored on load.
System Requirements:. Mac OS X 10.3.5 or later
В· AudioUnit, VST or RTAS compatible host application
В· IntelMac or PowerPC G4 or G5
В· 512 MB RAM
В· ProTools TDM/LE 7.3 or later for running RTAS
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall