Worker Publisher's description
Worker is currently available in English, German, French,
Worker is currently available in English, German, French, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Dutch, Slovak, Czech, Ukrainian and Latvian. Translators for other languages are welcome. Some existing translations need an update too. Read more for detailed information.
* low requirements (basically only the X11 libraries)
* fast and easy access to archives and remote sites
Browse tar/tgz/tbz, gzip, bzip2, zip, rar, ar (also supporting extfs: lha, zoo, rpm, iso9660, diff, arj, cpio, ...) in any combination (zip files in tar archives, rar archives in CD iso images,...).
Access ftp sites without third party tools.
* many built-in functions like:
o copy, move, rename, delete files
o create directory
o create/change symlinks
o chmod, chown
o and many more...
* text viewer
* file search
* flexible file type system with arbitrary file type actions for single file types or groups of types
* context menu to access file type actions
* bookmarks for frequently used directories
* labels can be assigned to entries to make it easier to find important files
* volume manager for mounting/unmounting devices (HAL supported)
* filter file view by string pattern or label
* assign any external command to buttons, hotkeys or filetypes (e.g. gimp, tar, diff, mount, ...)
* UTF8 support
* built-in configuration GUI
What's New in This Release:В· This version adds a new command for copying strings into the clipboard.
В· The path jump command has been extended to use a persistent store.
System Requirements:В· A running UNIX-Sytem
В· A running X-Window-System
В· C++-Compiler (GCC recommended)
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall