videowall Publisher's description
from A. Schiffler
videowall is a DBA VideoWall display.
For the ZKM installation "Digital Body Automata" a realtime "blue-screen" driver software was used to build an interactive videowall made out of 16 TVs with interactive content on 12 of the screens.
System components were:
- 2x 8 TV screens arranged in a row on each side of the mural
- 5 Pentium200 PCs with 3 Matrox VGA video cards each and a Matrox Meteor framegrabber card
- 4 cameras imaging a red cloth screen below the TVs
- multiple VGA-to-TV converters, video splitters, cables, etc.
- RedHat Linux and custom X-Server that supports 3 video cards (needed at the time)
The TVs shows a cover image (stone texture). When the observer enters the space, a virtual shadow is cast onto the TVs revealing a detailed image underneath. The "shadow" is calculated from the obscured red sloth in the image path of the tiny wide-angle cameras hidden below the TVs.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall