System G Desktop Publisher's description
from John Lindal
System G provides a simple interface to the UNIX file system by displaying a graphical tree of files and folders.
System G provides a simple interface to the UNIX file system by displaying a graphical tree of files and folders. In addition, System G is a very natural interface to Git, since Git is fundamentally a versioned file system (with the ability to share changes).
* Simple, tree style, hierarchical display of files and folders
* Option to either display each folder in a separate window or to navigate the folder hierarchy within a single window
* (NEW) Search for files by name using wildcards or UNIX find syntax.
* File bindings dialog to associate file types with programs
* Dialog for running arbitrary programs avoids need to open terminal windows.
* (NEW) Recognizes Git-managed directories and displays Branch menu with useful actions.
* Drag-and-Drop to move and copy files and to create symbolic links (Fully compliant with the X Drag-and-Drop (XDND) and X Direct Save (XDS) protocols.)
* Rename files and folders simply by clicking on the name and typing.
* (NEW) Understands Subversion and Git when moving, renaming, and deleting files.
* Change permissions simply by clicking on the appropriate permission.
* Sort by name, user, group, size, or date.
* Shortcuts to your most frequented folders
* Safe trash can interface
* Automatically mounts disk when the associated directory is opened
* Customizable menu shortcuts
(by editing string database -- a graphical editor is planned for later)
* All main windows have configurable button bars.
* Format UNIX and DOS disks.
* Searchable, hypertext on-line help
* Designed to work with multiple virtual desktops and both Click-to-Focus and Point-to-Focus.
* Support for scrolling via wheel mice
* Full support for European languages
* Easy translation to other languages without the need to recompile the source
* Works with Gnome and KDE session managers.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall