jaZip Publisher's description
from Jarrod Smith
jaZip is a FREE program for maintaing your Iomega Zip and/or Jaz drive(s) and disks under Linux.
jaZip is a FREE program for maintaing your Iomega Zip and/or Jaz drive(s) and disks under Linux. This program combines Grant Guenther's original command line utility, ziptool, with Jaz drive support, a nice X interface and additional utilities to allow users to easily mount and unmount disks. The interface is based on version 0.88 of the XForms library.
* Support for Parallel, SCSI, and ATAPI interface Zip drives (With proper kernel support. See the FAQ)
* Support for 1G and 2G SCSI Jaz drives
* Support for the new 250 MB Zip drives (I hope; please confirm)
* Autodetect the type of drive (Jaz or Zip)
* Change the write protection status of a disk
* Query the write protection status of a disk
* Mount and unmount disks as an ordinary user (improved)
* Autodetect the format of the disk in the drive
* Several icons are now included for placing jaZip neatly in your window manager.
* Eject a disk
* Auto-unmount on Eject
* This upgrade is highly recommended as it fixes an exploitable buffer overflow that was present in all versions prior to 0.33.
* Now supports glibc version 2.2.
* By popular demand, jaZip once again requires you to maintain a configuration file.
* The configuration file is called /etc/jazip.conf, and resembles /etc/fstab. It should be self-explanatory.
* Since filesystem type is now determined by directly reading the partition table, you may now keep any type of filesystem on any partition. No restrictions except that each disk should be a single contiguous partition (jaZip will only mount the first partition it encounters).
* The program now uses the latest version of XForms (version 0.89).
* The mount points are no longer removed when you unmount a disk.
* Ejecting a mounted disk will now automatically unmount it for you.
* Much more attractive icons (Big thanks to Raymond Isaac).
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall