gentoo Publisher's description
gentoo is called 0.19.x. It is based on the 2.x series of the GTK+ toolkit, thereby bringing gentoo into the present.
gentoo is called 0.19.x. It is based on the 2.x series of the GTK+ toolkit, thereby bringing gentoo into the present. It's good to be back.
Some of gentoo's main features include:
* Reasonably small and fast (written in C).
* Support for most typical file operations (copy, move, rename, makedir etc).
* Uses GIO, which means file system access is virtualized.
* Direct graphical configuration of most main features.
* A powerful file recognition system that allows you to configure how files of different types are listed (what colors and icons), and what happens when you doubleclick them (start image viewers, music players, etc).
* Includes more than 120 original pixmap icons.
* Free Software, licensed under the GNU General Public License.
* As of version 0.19.1, gentoo is "GTK+ 2.x clean", using no deprecated widgets from the 1.x series of GTK+.
What's New in This Release:В· This release improves UI flexibility so that gentoo now runs better if you configure it to not have any command buttons.
В· It fixes a bug that prevented the Information window from successfully closing.
В· It rewrites the core of the Move command to not compute the size before trying a rename, saving huge amounts of time for deep/complex directory moves on the same device.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall