Filesystem in Userspace Publisher's description
from Miklos Szeredi
With FUSE it is possible to implement a fully functional filesystem in a userspace program.
With FUSE it is possible to implement a fully functional filesystem in a userspace program. Features include:
* Simple library API
* Simple installation (no need to patch or recompile the kernel)
* Secure implementation
* Userspace - kernel interface is very efficient
* Usable by non privileged users
* Runs on Linux kernels 2.4.X and 2.6.X
* Has proven very stable over time
What's New in This Release:The kernel module in the fuse package is updated to compile with kernels up to 2.6.26. Note, however, that this kernel module is obsolete and its use is not recommended.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall