Upstart Publisher's description
from Canonical Ltd.
Upstart is an event-based replacement for.......
Upstart is an event-based replacement for the /sbin/init daemon which handles starting of tasks and services during boot, stopping them during shutdown and supervising them while the system is running.
* Tasks and Services are started and stopped by events
* Events are generated as tasks and services are started and stopped
* Events may be received from any other process on the system
* Services may be respawned if they die unexpectedly
* Supervision and respawning of daemons which separate from their parent process
* Communication with the init daemon over D-Bus
What's New in This Release:В· Improved console setting.
В· New "log" argument to console stanza allowing a system jobs stdout/stderr to be captured to a file. New options added to support this feature: '--default-console', '--logdir', '--no-log'. This feature only currently applies to system jobs: user jobs which specify "console log" will be treated as if they had specified "console none".
В· New "setuid" and "setgid" stanzas to allow system jobs to be run under the specified uid/gid corresponding to the given name/group.
В· Improvements to upstart-udev-bridge to handle problematic hardware (such as some batteries) which pass non-printable bytes to userspace.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall