Tsung Publisher's description
from Nicolas Niclausse
It can be used to stress HTTP, WebDAV, SOAP, PostgreSQL, MySQL, LDAP and Jabber/XMPP servers....
It can be used to stress HTTP, WebDAV, SOAP, PostgreSQL, MySQL, LDAP and Jabber/XMPP servers. Tsung (formerly known as IDX-Tsunami) is a free software released under the GPLv2 license.
The purpose of Tsung is to simulate users in order to test the scalability and performance of IP based client/server applications. You can use it to do load and stress testing of your servers. Many protocols have been implemented and tested, and it can be easily extended. WebDAV, LDAP and MySQL support have been added recently (experimental).
* Aug 17 2010 Tsung 1.3.3 is available ! Only bugfixes in this release
* Jun 20 2010 Tsung 1.3.2 is available ! Many bugfixes and enhancements
* Feb 2 2010 Migration to Git
* Sep 10 2009 Tsung 1.3.1 is available ! Many bugfixes and enhancements: Release notes
* Sep 16 2008 Tsung 1.3.0 is available ! WebDAV, LDAP and MySQL support added, many bugfixes and other enhancements
* Mar 4 2008 Tsung 1.2.2 is available !
* Mar 25 2007 A tutorial: Writing a Tsung plugin has been contributed by tty
* Nov 16 2006 Tsung 1.2.1 is available !
* Sep 5 2006 pgFouine now supports Tsung and helps you to generate load sessions for PostgreSQL testing.
* High Performance: the load can be distributed on a cluster of client machines
* Multi-protocols using a plugin system: HTTP, WebDAV, SOAP, PostgreSQL, MySQL, LDAP and XMPP/Jabber are currently supported. SSL is also supported.
* Several IP addresses can be used on a single machine using the underlying OS IP Aliasing
* OS monitoring (CPU, memory and network traffic) using SNMP, Munin or Erlang agents on remote servers.
* XML configuration system; several sessions can be used to simulate different type of users. Dynamic sessions can be easily described in XML (this can be used to retrieve at runtime an ID from the server output and use it later in the session).
* In order to generate a realistic traffic, user think-times and the arrival rate can be randomize using a probability distribution
* HTML reports can be generated during the load to view response times measurement, server CPU, etc.
What's New in This Release:В· This version fixes a few regressions introduced in version 1.4.0.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall