HPC Challenge Publisher's description
from HPC Challenge Team
The HPC Challenge benchmark consists of basically 7 tests:....
The HPC Challenge benchmark consists of basically 7 tests:
1. HPL - the Linpack TPP benchmark which measures the floating point rate of execution for solving a linear system of equations.
2. DGEMM - measures the floating point rate of execution of double precision real matrix-matrix multiplication.
3. STREAM - a simple synthetic benchmark program that measures sustainable memory bandwidth (in GB/s) and the corresponding computation rate for simple vector kernel.
4. PTRANS (parallel matrix transpose) - exercises the communications where pairs of processors communicate with each other simultaneously. It is a useful test of the total communications capacity of the network.
5. RandomAccess - measures the rate of integer random updates of memory (GUPS).
6. FFT - measures the floating point rate of execution of double precision complex one-dimensional Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT).
7. Communication bandwidth and latency - a set of tests to measure latency and bandwidth of a number of simultaneous communication patterns; based on b_eff (effective bandwidth benchmark).
What's New in This Release:В· This version added optimized variants of RandomAccess that use Linear Congruential Generator for random number generation.
В· Global reduction was added to error calculation in MPI FFT to achieve more accurate error estimates.
В· The order of benchmarks was rearranged so that the HPL component runs last and may be aborted if the performance of other components was not satisfactory.
В· RandomAccess is now first to assist in tuning the code.
В· Assorted bugs were fixed.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall