wmhdplop Publisher's description
Disclaimer: wmhdplop will not enlarge your hard-drive. Indeed it will not enlarge anything. Please stop sending emails about enlargement, I don't want to be enlarged.
wmhdplop is yet another dockapp for WindowMaker, or any windowmanager/desktop environment that handles dockapps (KDE has a dockbar extension, and gnome swallows). It monitors your hard-drives by sending visual stimuli to your cortex each time your /dev/hdx (or /dev/sdx) writes or reads anything.
* 0-portability, won't compile/run on anything without a recent kernel (see requirements below)
* useless animation reflecting disc I/O.
* another useless animation reflecting swap activity.
* annoying blinking leds.
* a textual information of your harddrive throughput.
* supports ide drives, and (not 100% sure) scsi and md arrays.
* display of the hd temperature if the hddtemp daemon is running.
What's New in This Release:a micro-fix because wmhdplop did not detect any hd on my feisty fawn (confusion between /dev/sda and /dev/mapper/sda)
System Requirements:* gcc
* a 2.6 Linux kernel (statistics are in /proc/diskstats), or a 2.4.20+ kernel with CONFIG_BLK_STATS=y (check the "Per partition statistics in /proc/partitions" entry in the kernel config).
* imlib2 devel package.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall