Simplebackup Publisher's description
from Miguel Angelo
Simplebackup is a cross-platform backup program.
Simplebackup is a cross-platform backup program. Simplebackup project reads a configuration file, then it builds a compressed file for each of your backup directories or files on your backup list, and places the compressed files into another location.
For example, this location can be a network mapped drive in Windows, an NFS mounted drive in Unix, another hard disk, an FTP server, or a tape device (Unix only). This will duplicate your information, doing the so called "backup".
What's New in This Release:- Bug fixed two bugs on the algorithm that builds the restore list. Huge thanks to Kent Xu for his very accurate bug reporting and testing patience.
- Bug fixed a restore problem, simplebackup would paused (for ever) during restores if the restored files already existed, this only occurred on the ra
System Requirements:- Perl 5.6 or over.
- And at least one of the following programs on your $PATH variable:
- rar/winrar 3.0 or over, for the creation of rar type of archive backups.
- info-zip 2.3 or over, for the creation of zip type of archive backups. (A windows version of info-zip 2.3 is included on the simplebackup package).
- tar, for the creation of tar type of archive backups, *1.
- tar and compress, for the creation of tar.Z type of archive backups, *1.
- tar and gzip, for the creation of tar.gz type of archive backups, *1.
- tar and bzip2, for the creation of tar.bz2 type of archive backups, *1.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall