BACnet Publisher's description
from Steve Karg
This BACnet protocol stack library provides a BACnet application layer
This BACnet protocol stack library provides a BACnet application layer, network layer and media access (MAC) layer communications services. It is an open source, royalty-free library for an embedded system, Windows, Linux, or other operating system. Example BACnet client and server applications are included.
BACnet - A Data Communication Protocol for Building Automation and Control Networks - see bacnet.org. BACnet is a standard data communication protocol for Building Automation and Control Networks. BACnet is an open protocol, which means anyone can contribute to the standard, and anyone may use it. The only caveat is that the BACnet standard document itself is copyrighted by ASHRAE, and they sell the document to help defray costs of developing and maintaining the standard (just like IEEE or ANSI or ISO).
For software developers, the BACnet protocol is a standard way to send and receive messages on the wire containing data that is understood by other BACnet compliant devices. The BACnet standard defines a standard way to communicate over a number of wires, known as Data Link/Physical Layers: Ethernet, EIA-485, EIA-232, ARCNET, and LonTalk. The BACnet standard also defines a standard way to communicate using UDP, IP and HTTP (Web Services).
There are other open source projects for BACnet:
* VTS - visual test shell for Win32, used for Visually testing a BACnet implementation. It also includes a detailed network sniffer for BACnet messages, and the ability to send any BACnet services. The source code is in the public domain.
* Wireshark - an open source, cross platform protocol analyzer with BACnet support. The detailed BACnet support began in version 0.10.11 released on May 4, 2005 when Wireshark was known as Ethereal.
* BACnet4Linux - an LGPL BACnet application that requires Linux as the OS.
* BACnet Firewall Router -an application that combines BACnet routing capability with traffic management functions to carefully control access to building automation and control networks.
* BACpypes - a BACnet stack written in Python.
* BACsharp - a BACnet stack written in C#.
There are also commercial BACnet protocol source code libraries for BACnet that are designed for embedded use:
* CimetricsTM - has a source library called BACstac/32 as part of their BACNet Protocol Stack SDK.
* Polarsoft - has a protocol stack source library for embedded use called FreeRangeTM and PolarSoftВ® FreeRange VSB (Very Small BACnet stack).
* SCADA Engine - The BACnet Linux Server is a complete BACnet Device running on the linux platform. The entire source code is available for custom applications and has been written in ANSI C which has been succesfully ported to Unix, VxWorks etc.
What's New in This Release:В· Default priorities of commands was fixed.
В· The documentation was fixed.
В· Renesas RX62N port of Ethernet datalink was added.
В· Assorted bugs were fixed.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall