pyFlashCards Publisher's description
pyFlashCards is a wxPython based software for creating and studying flash cards.
pyFlashCards is a wxPython based software for creating and studying flash cards. Thanks to python and wxPython it is multiplatform; it runs on Windows and Linux and Mac OS X (PowerPC only). I have developed it to study at medical school because none of the flash card programs I found on the internet would do what I want the way I want it. Even though it is not complete, I think that many people can already find it useful.
* This software runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. This means that you can share your flash cards with all your friends.
* Flash cards are repeated using Sebastian Leitner box system. This system helps to maximize long term memory retention.
* Flash cards support html tags which allows to highlight important concepts
* Flash cards can contain images.
* Flash cards support unicode characters which allows studying any language and use of special characters.
* Flash cards can be studied in the sequence they were entered or they can be randomized
* There are keyboard shortcuts for inserting common html tags.
* It is possible to create flash cards as text file or an xml file and import them into pyFlashCards
* It is possible to export flash cards as an html table or an XML file. The HTML export will contain all the images and formating you created for your cards which makes a convinient way to convert your flash cards into notes.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall