OpenCards For Linux Publisher's description
from Holger Brandl
OpenCards is a free award-winning flashcard learning software.
OpenCards is a free award-winning flashcard learning software. The basic idea of OpenCards is to use PowerPoint presentations (*.ppt) as flashcard sets. Thereby, slide-titles are considered as questions and the slide contents as their answers. Based on state-of-the-art memorization and scheduling algorithms OpenCards will help you to learn any set of flashcards.
Basically OpenCards gives you any freedom you enjoy when creating PowerPoint-slides. OpenCards just adds all functionality which turn any existing Powerpoint presentation into flashcards.
* Absolutely free and open source! No spyware or ads.
* Runs on all major operating systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux)
* Create flashcards like youвЂ™re used to create slides for presentations
* Allows to use any Powerpoint-file as flashcard-set without any conversion
* Superior flashcard-file management
* Intelligent learning algorithms that know when you should review which flashcards.
* Use tables, charts, formulas, Unicode, nice background images and much more for your flashcards
* Customize the learning procedure based on your individual learning habits.
* Graphical visualization of learning success
* Localized to many languages including German, French, Spanish, Italian, Greek, Portuguese, Bulgarian and many more.
* Import new flashcards from CSV-files
* And much, much more..
What's New in This Release:В· This version has been rebuilt to use PowerPoint (ppt) files as flashcard sets.
В· Binary bundles are available for Mac OS, Windows, and Linux.
В· It bundles several example flashcard sets, has a new update notification system, and is much faster and more stable.
System Requirements:В· OpenOffice.org
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall