WMII 2 Publisher's description
from Anselm R. Garbe
WMII is the next generation of wmi. WMII 2 project is a dynamic window manager for X11, which is highly customizable and usable with keyboard and mouse. It supports conventional, tabbed and tiled window management with low memory usage and a vi-alike
WMII is the next generation of wmi. WMII 2 project is a dynamic window manager for X11, which is highly customizable and usable with keyboard and mouse. It supports conventional, tabbed and tiled window management with low memory usage and a vi-alike user interaction.
Due to a complete rewrite it is highly modularized and uses a new configuration and inter-process communication interface which is oriented on the 9p protocol of the plan9 operating system.
Here are some key features of "WMII":
- xinerama/multihead support (not yet implemented)
- tabbed window management
- tiled window management
- conventional window management
- customizable snap-to-border feature
- full keyboard control
- improved mouse control
- IXP configuration interface
- remote configuration
- session support (through configuration)
Official utilities (included in wmii)
- wmiiwm? (core window manager)
- wmimenu? (generic menu)
- wmibar? (generic bar)
- wmir (wmi remote configuration/shell tool)
- wmikeys? (the shortcut handler)
- wmifs? (virtual master file system server)
- wmiplumb? (plumbing tool)
- wmiwarp? (pointer warping tool)
- Szs3rd (the thing to show system, mail, player and other informations... BSD compatible in a few days!)
- wmizer (configuration tool)
- status-rssw (Gmail Inbox checker status text presentation & other wmii things)
- plumbrb (Plumbing handler with regex support)
- cairo rendering backend
- Xlib rendering backend
- style support
- antialiased fonts (cairo rendering backend only)
- POSIX compliance (poorly several GNU libs are not)
- ICCCM compliance
- partly NETWM compliance (without KDE-/Gnome-only crap)
What's New in This Release:В· This release adds MS DOS Codepages 437 and 850.
В· Bugs in MS Windows Codepage 1252 were fixed.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall