Gnome Places Publisher's description
from Jason Herne
GTK bookmarks on your GNOME desktop
Gnome Places is a GNOME screenlet that shows you a list of your Gnome Places (GTK bookmarks). It is meant to be a replacement for the Original Places. If people find the changes useful then I hope to eventually get Gnome Places included in the Screenlets package.
Gnome Places differs from the original Places in the following ways:
- Better icon scaling. Icons are now MUCH clearer when you scale the screenlet above 100%
- Place names too long to fit on one line are truncated according to the width set in the properties dialog.
- User now has option to show or hide the "Desktop" entry in the Places list.
- User now has option to show or hide the "Home" entry in the Places list.
- User now has option to show or hide the Icons in the Places list.
- Wrote custom draw_triangle function to improve the triangle control used to expand/contract the documents list
- We cache the folder icon instead of performing an SVG->bitmap conversion several times per redraw.
- Eliminated some unneeded redraws
- Lengthened "bookmarks changed" polling time from 4 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Fixed font handling. Fonts set by themes now work properly. Also, user's font size choice is now respected.
- We now set the window shape properly thereby avoiding a bug where overly transparent (or undrawn) areas of the screenlet do not detect mouse movement or mouse clicks
- More themes!! (default, Elegant Brit, Sky Blue)
Note: Gnome Places was adapted from the Places screenlet created by Helder Fraga (aka Whise)
Note: Portions of Gnome Places was written by Matjaz Pecan (aka Risethagain)
Screenlets is the name of both a set of independently-developed widget applications and the widget engine which runs them. The engine runs primarily on X11-based compositing window managers, most notably the Compiz (under Linux) architecture.
What's New in This Release:В· Fixed bug causing the hover selection NOT to appear when mouse enters from the top or bottom of screenlet.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall