TreeDict Publisher's description
from Hoyt Koepke
TreeDict is a dictionary-like, hierarcical python container to....
TreeDict is a dictionary-like, hierarcical python container to simplify the bookkeeping surrounding parameters, variables and data. It aims to be fast, lightweight, intuitive, feature-rich and stable.
* A design emphasis on concise, immediately readable and intuitive syntax and functionality.
* All dictionary operations and methods are implemented, allowing TreeDict to be a drop-in replacement for a dictionary in many cases (The limitation is that branch and value names must be strings following python variable/attribute naming conventions).
* An optional, central lookup of вЂњregisteredвЂќ trees (similar to loggers in the python logging module) to ease global parameter setting and bookkeeping.
* Manipulations on the tree structure, including attaching, detaching, copying, updating (merging), hashing, freezing and equality testing are supported and optimized.
* A method that takes non-intersecting hashes over all or parts of the tree to facilitate testing, caching and indexing.
* Implicit creation of branches to allow for more natural and readable ordering when defining parameters (see example below).
* API is well documented and covered by unit tests.
* Written in cython for speed and stability.
* Close-matching key retrieval to aid in offering helpful error messages.
* Licensed under the liberal BSD open source license.
System Requirements:В· Python
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall