Syndicate Press Publisher's description
from Henry Ranch LLC
Easy RSS aggregation for Wordpress
Syndicate Press is a brand-new Wordpress plugin from henryranch.net, that lets you include RSS feeds directly in your Wordpress Posts or Pages. This plugin provides a very easy to use administration page and includes great features such as feed caching, filters and several display options.
Unlike a number of the RSS syndication plugins for Wordpress, Syndicate Press is actively maintained and regularly updated with new features and enhancements. The Syndicate Press development team at henryranch.net has focused on ease of use, performance, stability and functionality to bring you a great plugin that will help keep your Wordpress site up to date with the latest in RSS feeds from every corner of the world.
Configuring and using Syndicate Press is easy. To begin using Syndicate Press, simply follow these steps:
1. Install Syndicate Press
1. Via Wordpress вЂ?uploadвЂ™ feature
1. Download the вЂњWordpress upload compatible packageвЂќ from the release page.
2. Use the Wordpress Plugin вЂ?UploadвЂ™ feature to install the plugin.
3. Activate the plugin via the вЂ?ActivateвЂ™ link once the install completes.
2. Via FTP:
1. Unzip and copy the syndicate-press directory into your wordpress plugins directory
1. Make sure that you copy the syndicate-press directory that contains the plugin php code.
2. Thus, your install directory structure should look like this:
1. There are other files in the syndicate press directory. This is an example so you can see the correct directory pathвЂ¦
2. View your Plugins list
3. Activate the Syndicate Press plugin
4. Open the Syndicate Press configuration page by clicking the вЂ?Syndicate PressвЂ™ link under the Wordpress вЂ?SettingsвЂ™ menu.
3. Automatic: Use the wordpress вЂ?Add new pluginвЂ™ feature to add the plugin from the plugin repository
2. Open the administration page from within Wordpress
3. Select the вЂњEnableвЂќ radio-button
4. Enter an RSS feed URL into the feed list box
1. You may enter more than 1 feed URL in the list.
1. Simply place each feed URL on a separate line
5. Configure any other settings as you wishвЂ¦
6. Click the вЂњUpdate SettingsвЂќ button
7. Create a new Page (or Post)
8. Add your desired feeds to the page or post.
1. Setting the feedname to вЂ?allвЂ™ will display all of the RSS feeds that you have defined in your feed list
9. Save and publish the Page
10. View the page with all of the excellent RSS feed items in your browserвЂ¦
11. Sit back and relax, knowing that you just syndicated your first RSS feed on your siteвЂ¦and it was easy!
Here are some key features of "Syndicate Press":
Easy integration into your WordPress site:
В· Feeds can be placed within Pages or Posts with simple bbcodes.
В· Feeds can be inserted anywhere in a Theme by a simple php function call.
Feeds honor your site CSS:
В· The plugin does not impose any style constraints which allows your feed content to match your sites look and feel.
Caching of input feeds:
В· Configurable cache expiration
В· Protect your feed providers from excessive downloads
В· Some feed providers will block websites that repeatedly access their RSS feeds
В· The caching methodology used by Syndicate Press will effectively remove this as an issue
Caching of formatted output:
В· Caches the parsed and formatted output so that pages serve faster and reduce server CPU load.
В· For example, with 4 large feeds on a single page, full parsing and formatting can take approximately 1.6 seconds without output caching enabled. When output caching is enabled, the page is processed in ~0.001 seconds to ~0.13 seconds.
В· Some feeds may contain content that you donвЂ™t want on your site. Syndicate PressвЂ™s filtering allows you to define custom filter keywords that help control what type of content is displayed to your users.
В· Syndicate Press supports 2 types of content filters, inclusive and exclusive. These filters operate on the feed item level. This means that an item from a feed can be filtered out due to content, while another item from the same feed will not be filtered out due to content.
В· Inclusive keyword filters: Only feed items that contain one of the inclusive filter keywords will be displayed
В· Exclusive keyword filters: Feed items that contain one of the exclusive filter keywords will not be displayed. The exclusive filter is applied after the inclusive filter.
В· Insert customized content between feeds, including advertising code such as GoogleвЂ™s Adsense.
Identify feeds with a short, easy to remember name:
В· The feed name can be used to reference the feed in your Page or Post
Configurable description text location:
В· Below the title link
В· In the title linkвЂ™s hover over вЂњtitleвЂќ attribute
В· Limit the number of items from a feed
В· Limit the length of the feed description to a given number of characters
В· Custom feed and article formatting
В· Enter custom HTML tags to format the feed and/or article titles
System Requirements:В· WordPress
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall