GlodaQuilla search indexing enhancements Publisher's description
Permits selective enabling and disabling of search indexing on folders or accounts
GlodaQuilla search indexing enhancements is a Thunderbird extension that allows suppression or enabling of indexing, using inherited properties. It can be done at the account level, or for a tree of related folders. Indexing is changed in the Account Manager for individual accounts, or using вЂњFolder PropertiesвЂќ dialog for individual folders.
It also adds three columns to the Thunderbird message pane that are primarily useful to developers of the indexing functionality:
* OnDisk indicates whether a particular message has been downloaded to the local message store, or is stored offline in an IMAP folder or newsgroup.
* Gloda id is the identifier used by gloda to uniquely identify a particular message.
* Gloda dirty indicates messages that gloda needs to process.
How to Install in Thunderbird:
1. Right-click the link below and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".
What's New in This Release:В· This versionвЂ™s primary purpose is to provide compatibility with Thunderbird 3.1, and its new ability that partially duplicates GlodaQuillaвЂ™s ability to suppress indexing of folders.
Two new features have been added:
В· Inherited indexing suppression may be disabled
В· For many users of Thunderbird 3.1, the new core functionality to suppress indexing per folder will be sufficient. For that reason, GlodaQuillaвЂ™s inherited indexing suppression may be selectively enabled (in the GlodaQuilla options page from the addon manager.) For new users, inherited properties are disabled by default. For any existing users who have previously set inherited properties for indexing suppression, GlodaQuillaвЂ™s options will remain enabled.
В· Indexing suppression will now be reflected in GlodaвЂ™s database
В· Previously, if you suppressed indexing for a folder, that stopped future indexing but did not get reflected in the existing gloda database index. Now, when you enable or disable indexing for a folder, that will get reflected in the results that appear in message searches using gloda.
System Requirements:В· Mozilla Thunderbird
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall