Fotoxx Publisher's description
Fotoxx is a free open source Linux program for photo editing and collection management.
Fotoxx is a free open source Linux program for photo editing and collection management. The goal is to meet most user needs while remaining fast and easy to use. (Belorussian translationп»їп»ї)
Navigate a large image collection with a thumbnail browser, click on images to view or edit. Import camera RAW files and edit with 16-bit color. Save edited images as TIFF-8/16, PNG or JPEG with adjustable compression. Edit the whole image or a selected area, with smooth edge-blending. Edit functions have live feedback using the full window.
Edit Functions include:
+ Brightness/contrast/color adjustments (drag curves using the mouse)
+ Flatten brightness distribution (a frequent quick fix)
+ Sharpen, Blur, Noise reduction, Red-eye removal
+ Trim, Resize, Rotate any angle, Flip horizontal/vertical
+ Tone Mapping (enhance details without changing overall contrast)
+ Fix brightness uniformity problems (vignetting and others)
+ Regulate strength of retouch functions based on brightness or color
+ Erase power lines etc. from photos (substitute nearby pixels)
+ Composites: panorama, HDR, HDF, stack (hand-held photos OK)
+ Suppress noise by combining and averaging multiple noisy photos
+ Warp (stretch/distort) image to fix perspective or for special effects
+ Artful transforms (simulate drawing, painting, embossing, tiles, dots)
+ Pixel edit with variable brush size and transparency
+ Annotate image: adjustable color and transparency, watermarks
+ Select and edit objects within an image (draw, follow edge, match tones)
+ Drag the mouse to incrementally "paint" a retouch function (dodge and burn)
+ Remove passing cars etc. by combining photos from different moments
+ Copy selected areas/objects from one image and paste into another
+ Unlimited undo/redo, fast before/after comparisons
+ Edited images can be saved with versioning if wanted
What's New in This Release:· Select Area by color tones works more smoothly and responsively.
· New: Retouch > Paint Pixels: optionally paint with selected background from elsewhere in the image.
· New: Retouch > Vignette Tool: change brightness or color in a radial pattern. Make an image with a dark or colored surround, or compensate for a radial brightness falloff in old photos.
· Art > Tiles: An optional 3D depth effect was added.
· Retouch > Paint Pixels: If a selected area is being used, do edge blending as in other edit functions.
· Gamma Curve: Buttons [++] etc. were added as in the brightness/color curves.
· Select Area: A "replace" drawing mode was added: nudge an existing edge line with the mouse.
· White Balance: A slider was added to attenuate the impact from 0 to 100%.
· Gallery window navigation was made a little more flexible.
· First time startup: initial thumbnail creation and image file indexing is 2x faster
· (2000+ images/minute on a strong PC with 4 cpu cores).
· New: Help > Log File: view the current (live) log file for additional information.
· Memory allocation failure: exit with a reasonable message instead of crashing.
· Bugfix: possible crash when a concurrent edit function completes.
System Requirements:В· GTK >= 2.8.x
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall