Tonatiuh Publisher's description
from Manuel Blanco Muriel
The Tonatiuh project is applying this year,.....
The Tonatiuh project is applying this year, for the first time, to the Google Summer of Code program. As it is stated in the Google Summer of Code 2011 site, Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is a global program that offers student developers stipends to write code for various open source software projects.
The use of extended Open Inventor files to represent the "scene" (i.e. the solar concentrating system, the sunlight model, etc.) An advance and easy-to-use GUI providing:
* 3D and tree views of the "scene" to simulate.
* Handlers and manipulators to modify and query scene objects using 3D views.
* Interface elements to manage the undo and redo of user actions.
* Interface elements to define de type of Monte Carlo ray tracing to execute.
A pervasive plugin architecture which allos the user to:
* Add new sunlight models.
* Add new geometric surfaces.
* Add new reflective materials.
* (planned) Add new refractive materials.
* (planned) Add new photon map and other results analyzers, and post-processors.
* (planned) Add new spectrum models.
What's New in This Release:В· The scripting capabilities have been increased to the point that any operation and functionality available to the users via the GUI is now also available via scripting.
В· This release also solves a bug that produced the unexpected closing of the program when the user tried to cast rays before creating the concentrating geometry, as well as a bug associated with storing a given Tonatiuh "scene" under very particular and uncommon conditions.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall