XBlast Publisher's description
XBlast is a multi-player arcade game for X11R5/R6 (v2.6 or TNT) and Windows (TNT version only).
XBlast is a multi-player arcade game for X11R5/R6 (v2.6 or TNT) and Windows (TNT version only). The game can be played with at least two players and up to six players. It was inspired by the video/computer game Bomberman (Dynablaster), which was to my knowledge first programmed for NEC's PC Engine/Turbo Grafx. Other commercial versions of the original game exist for IBM-PC, Atari ST, Amiga [trop cool l'Amiga], NES, GameBoy and Super NES.
BlastEd offers an easy (?) to learn multi-windows interface providing all needed functions to create great new levels.
* Display the level map using the real blocks OR symbolic blocks (very usefull when creating "what you see is not what it is" levels - eg: bonus blocks are walls, walls are special extras etc)
* Visual block selection (you don't have to remember all block names anymore ;)
* Visual scramble_draw/delete tables designing
* Save & Load in the latest 2.6 format
* Save in TNT format (load soon)
* Write the level-data to stdout (in 2.6 or TNT format)
* 20 level UNDO
* Multiple Help topics depending on the selected window
* BlastEd is able to update the data.c file for you
* You can also re-compile xblast without leaving the editor
* You can even launch xblast from within BlastEd
* advanced users : 10 available 'slots' for external user-scripts (not fully implemented in v1.2 yet) which allows you to run your own scripts without leaving the BlastEd window (BlastEd passes the most usefull params to your script)
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall