King of the Hill Publisher's description
King of the Hill (KOTH) is a multiplayer, networked artillery game of little tanks with really big weapons set out to destroy one another.
King of the Hill (KOTH) is a multiplayer, networked artillery game of little tanks with really big weapons set out to destroy one another. Best-known games of this type include the classic DOS game "Scorched Earth: The Mother of All Games" and "Scorched Tanks" for the Amiga, but the concept has been implemented on everything from the TI-85 graphing calculator on up. KOTH seeks to build on the best ideas from these games while also taking a fresh, approach including an open, network-centric architecture and concurrent progressive event modeling.
* Supports up to ten players at once, with unlimited observers (ten only because beyond that the game would get unwieldy, not an architectural limitation)
* Players can join and leave at any time without disrupting the game
* Pregame and In-game color-coded chat
* Buy and sell various types of neat weapons to use against your enemies
* Fractal-tessalation terrain generating algorithm produces endless variations of interesting terrain (before you start blowing massing craters into it that is
* Falling dirt and falling damage to tanks
* Lightweight, asynchronous networking protocol - perfectly playable on a modem over the Internet even with high pingtime
* LibGGI for portable graphics. Currently supports 8/15/16/24/32 bits per pixel in any resolution
* Free software so anyone can and is encouraged to add in their own favorite weapons, equipment, and other features.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall