Sparked Publisher's description
from Arjan Scherpenisse
Like twisted, Sparked is a python library and an application runner in once.
Like twisted, Sparked is a python library and an application runner in once. Some of its features follow here:
* Robust startup and restart of the program; if it crashes, it's started again.
* Logging: keeps a rotated logfile for debugging purposes.
* Pidfile management for making sure your app starts only once.
* A GUI status window (based on GTK) for monitoring the state of the application and the state of the system (network, power supply, ...). Easy to add your own monitors.
* Fullscreen graphics display for creating interactive displays, based on the clutter library.
* Eventing system for broadcasting messages between spark modules.
* A state machine for guiding the application through different states, with callback functions.
If you have Ubuntu, it's dead easy:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:arjan-scherpenisse/spark
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python-sparked
that should give you the 'sparkd' executable.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall