QVision Publisher's description
It is a free development library based on (or extending) the Qt library.
It is a free development library based on (or extending) the Qt library. The QVision is mainly oriented to create Qt applications for computer vision, image and video processing.
This library focus mainly on educational and research purposes, usability and performance. It has a clean and well documented Qt-style, object oriented API. This API provides functionallity for video and image input/output, image processing, graphical interface programming, performance evaluation, math (matrix, vector, quaternions, function optimization), and so on.
Thus, the developer can use the QVision to rapidly create fully working applications, without investing too much time and effort in the technical or programming details, not essentially related to computer vision or the image processing.
For completeness and efficiency, the QVision can, in a simple and straightforward manner, interoperate with (use code and/or functions, from) several well known and efficient libraries. Some of them are:
* The OpenCV, for computer vision and machine learning functionallity.
* The Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives (IPP), for efficient image processing.
* The CGAL, for geometric algorithms.
* Or the GSL - GNU Scientific Library, for general math calculus.
Most of the functionallity of the QVision is based on these libraries. For example, most of the image processing functions work on high-level object oriented images, and internally call to functions from the IPP library. So, image processing in the QVision is done very efficiently. The same happens for matrix, vector and quaternion functionallity, which is internally done using functions from the GSL library.
The contents of the documentation are the following:
* The QVision overview section offers a broader description of what does the QVision offer.
* The Download and setup section describes how to obtain the library and start working with it.
* The manual contains an extensive guide to QVision programming, divided in several chapters by topic.
* The modules page contains a comprehensive list of the functionallity provided by the framework.
* The section Example programs contains example appications built with the QVision toolkit.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall