PyGTS Publisher's description
from Thomas J. Duck
PyGTS is a python package used to construct, manipulate, and perform computations on 3D triangulated surfaces.
PyGTS is a python package used to construct, manipulate, and perform computations on 3D triangulated surfaces. It is a hand-crafted and pythonic binding for the GNU Triangulated Surface (GTS) Library.
* Geometric primitives Point, Vertex, Segment, Edge, Triangle, Face, and Surface.
* Transformations (translate, scale, rotate).
* Metric operations (area, volume, curvature ...).
* Geometric predicates (orientation, in circle).
* Set operations on surfaces (union, intersection, difference).
* Isosurface computation from 3D data.
* Surface refinement and coarsening (multiresolution models).
The PyGTS binding has complete support for the objects and methods of GTS's Geometrical Object Hierarchy. Some of the more advanced GTS features (certain Surface Operations, Progressive and Hierarchical Surfaces, and Graphs and Operations on Graphs) are not yet supported.
PyGTS is extensively unit tested, and so should work well out-of-the-box. GTS itself has been stable for a number of years. The "alpha" release status of PyGTS reflects the fact that this is a relatively new package with a developing API.
What's New in This Release:В· Added methods Point.is_inside(), Vertex.encroaches(), Triangle.circumcenter(), Face.is_on(), Surface.stats(), Surface.quality_stats(), Surface.is_self_intersecting()
System Requirements:В· Python
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall