libferris for Linux Publisher's description
from Ben Martin
Broken down into the file manager (ego) and the virtual filesystem (libferris/ferrisui).
Broken down into the file manager (ego) and the virtual filesystem (libferris/ferrisui). the VFS libferris is the core of the project, ego uses GTK+2 and gevas to present info from libferris and allow management using gfmv, gfcp, gfrm etc and file clip
* Uses Evas, gEvas, and imLib2 for ultimate render speed.
* Inline viewing of png, jpg, and other imlib2 handled image types.
* Based on Model-View-Controller. Many views of the same directory can be shown at the same time. Each view can have its own filter and sorting order.
* Uses scheme (guile) to allow scripting of execution that involves witme callbacks.
* Can be scripted in scheme, perl, ruby, and python at startup (only scheme tested)
* Can call other scheme scripts from a scheme script, similar to shell scripting.
* Uses FAM to update views in near real time to reflect current disk contents.
* Support for podfuk to allow browsing of rpm, tgz, cpio files as directories.
* Cascading sorts: A view can be sorted on file size then file creation time, then by name. This nesting can be done to any level.
* Ability to apply "filters" to a view. These are a binary predicate that tells witme if a file or dir should be included in a view or not. These filters are very basic scheme, which allows access to POSIX regex and other scheme to construct advanced predicates.
* Configuration data is stored through a proxy allowing multiple backends for config data. Currently only edb is supported.
* Most configuration is done in near real time.
What's New in This Release:В· Major speed improvements in XQuery and recordfile mounting under some circumstances
В· New ferris-index-lookup() XQuery function for faster group by style XQueries
В· Ability to bind external variables in ferris-xqilla
В· Speed improvements to mounting large db4 files
В· Added explicit EA whitelist support to feaindexadd
В· Retiring deleted hits from an EA index must now be done with feaindexcompact
В· fs-id is now created as numeric in postgresql EA indexes
В· New LIBFERRIS_SKIP_TRACKING_CREATION_HISTORY
В· LIBFERRIS_DONT_CONNECT_WITH_OUT_OF_PROC_DAEMON binary environment variables to achieve better performance in some circumstances
В· New LIBFERRIS_DISABLE_EAGEN_EARL_REGEX to improve reading larger directories where inference and EA extraction might be fruitless
New ferriscp options:
В· Somewhat lower memory requirements for ferriscp
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall